A minimally invasive approach to surgery, laparoscopic procedures afford patients the benefit of smaller incisions, less pain, fewer heart, lung and wound complications and shortened hospital stay.
GSM Clinic's general surgery staff have extensive experiencing using laparoscopic techniques for a variety of conditions and have also incorporated robotic technology to further improve patient outcomes. They are at the forefront of minimally invasive patient care, research and education. Techniques in robotic and laparoscopic surgery that have been developed and perfected in the laboratory and pioneered in the operating rooms have become the gold standard of general surgery practice, employed in everything from gallbladder removal to bariatric surgery.
What We Treat
The following procedures can be performed by GSM Clinic General Surgery staff laparoscopically for those patients who are suitable candidates:
· Bariatric surgery, including gastric bypass, gastric banding, sleeve gastrectomy and revisions
· Removal of appendix
· Single-port procedures for removal of gallbladder, appendix plus bariatric procedures
· Hernia repair, including incisional, inguinal umbilical and component separation technique
· Anti-reflux operations for GERD and hiatal hernia
· Cancer surgery for the stomach, gallbladder, liver and pancreas
· Small intestine surgery
· Release of median XXXX ligament